Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crusty Drawer Bottoms

Someone who lived here once upon a time lovingly lined all the drawers with that gripper drawer liner.
Then someone (same someone or different someone) removed it several years later and installed ugly wallpaper.
Then someone removed most of that.
Except the one drawer which I took a picture of. BTW the wallpaper in that drawer is the same wallpaper that's in my daughters bathroom....yup.
So these drawers were gross.
Sticky adhesive left behind and crumbs stuck to the sticky adhesive.....
 I really tried to clean off that raised adhesive but after several minutes on one drawer with little success I gave up. I just wash them out. Then I pondered and pondered and realized I had a roll of laminated cloth in my craft room.  
So I measured and cut and measured and cut and on like that for 10 drawers and here's a sample of the finished product:

That's better.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

So cute! I love that paper - polka dots are so adorable. =)

Amy D said...

LOVE the new drawer liners. Did you stick it down with anything or just lay it in?