Started with a yellowed matte.
It originally had this picture in it. It was from my first house over a decade ago. It's weird to me that I was old enough to own a house 11 years ago. College still seems like it was 5 years ago, but no actually it was 12. Weird. Getting older is beginning to be a bummer.
Stuck Burlap to front of matte with spray adhesive:
Cut and taped, all fancy like on back of matte
Added page from old atlas of Kalamazoo, MI (my old home):
I'm thinking I'm spelling Matte wrong...
Decade old picture made new for free.
Well not really free because I did buy the stuff initially but you know what I mean.
I was initially going to use the map as the matte but the sizing was all wrong. I like the way it turned out.
And the Map contains my first three towns (as an adult). Kalamazoo, Portage and Plainwell which is pretty neat.







1 comment:
I love that! I have seen some neat things with maps (lampshapes, and just general "art")---This might inspire me to do something with some of the ones we have! So maybe Andrea is Inspired...thank you! (oh, and it is matte I believe)
Post a Comment