Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spice Storage

When we were vacationing in March we stopped in Atlanta for a night so I could visit ikea. I love ikea.
Anywho, I finally purchased these ikea magnetic containers for my spices.
 I had purchased chalkboard contact paper from hobby lobby a few weeks before so I had all the makings for my project.
 I probably would have gone for a different shaped label but you can't beat the ease of using a punch. So 2" round scalloped edge it was.
I'll probably buy one of those chalkboard marker things the next time I have a hobby lobby coupon because I think it would make my writing neater. I probably could have tried harder with a regular piece of chalk too. 
Anyway, I love these things. I'm sure it's not the correct way to store spices as I picture spices needing to be out of direct light (maybe that is just the pharmacist in me) but I love that my measuring spoons fit right in and I don't end up dumping spice everywhere trying to get it out of the narrow bottles anymore.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love it! Now I have an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby!