Friday, October 2, 2009

My Halloween Mantel

I spent some time working on my Halloween mantel today. Mostly getting stuff out of storage and shopping for new decor.
Before:

During:

I've decided the second picture is a during because ...well.... I looks pretty uninspiring. I went to Hobby Lobby for supplies for a Halloween Wreath and got completely overwhelmed. I even had a plan. I still bought some wreath decorating materials, but I was unimpressed with my purchases.
On the way home I stopped at this little shop by my house (it is in an old red school house) and found a really cool wreath made of feathers and some sort of flower pod thingys. Loved it. I'm still gonna make that danged Hobby Lobby wreath, I've just gotta keep talking myself into it.
Here is a Close up of the Wreath:

That Cat Picture was quite a process and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I searched black cat images on line and finally settled on this. Printed it out. Then I gave it a coat of my husbands left over coffee to age it up a little. I went out to the pole barn and searched for a frame...which I found. I bought those letters for BOO from Hobby Lobby today. Had to Paint them out black. They were meant for the wreath I haven't made yet. They are just resting on the frame for now. I kind of like them there. That House of Voodoo print is from New Orleans. It's a postcard I bought about ten years ago that I never used.


I will keep you updated on any additions to my Halloween Mantel.

1 comment:

Southern Fried Gal said...

I think your mantle is cute! I really like the black feather wreath.