My sister has serious salsa skills.
But when I ask for the recipe she is always like "I don't know I just threw stuff in it"
Dang it Angela.
Anyway, I went on a search online for salsa recipes that contained some of my sister's fabulous ingredients.
One of which is Chickpeas.
I FOUND ONE! YAY!
Mark, Sydney and I went to the farmers market this AM and got:
4-5 Tomatoes
1/2 Onion
Cilantro Plant (used 3 tbsp minced)
Then off to Meijer for:
1 can black beans
2 cans chickpeas
(recipe called for 1 can of chickpeas and one can of Kidney Beans but sissy doesn't put Kidney Beans in hers)
1 Big Can Corn
3 Jalapenos
3 limes (just use the juice)
Ingredients from Home:
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
2 teaspoonsful salt
1/4 -1/2 teaspoonful pepper
Drain and Rinse the beans and drain the corn.
Chop tomato,onion and jalapenos...of course.
Mix all ingredients together and fridge it up for 1 hour.
I love cilantro. A LOT.
As a matter of fact I love it so much that when one of my regular blog reads mentioned that she hated cilantro I pondered whether I could continue reading her blog or not.
I decided not to be a hater. :)





2 comments:
YUM! I am such a salsa buff! Cilantro is the key to my heart =)
I looove cilantro too!!!
this salad looks delicious,
greetings from Spain,
elena
Post a Comment