Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thoughts for the Day

The house is on its fifth month on the market and today is a good day. I'm feeling like if we don't sell I'm not going to let that get me down. Yesterday I drew up a plan for an addition and I'm hoping that if we don't sell I can make that addition happen for us. This addition calls for 540 sq ft. to be added to the back of our house and it would bring in a big open kitchen, dining and living room area with pantry and a half bath. How great would that be?

If we do sell I'm reconsidering a house up in Plainwell that I kind of wrote off as not for us. It is close to 5000 sq ft of finished area which seems like way (way) to much but the price is right and the house is awesome. It has a great kitchen and master bedroom with 2 (yes I said 2) large walk in closets. I the negative is really the enormous size of the house, it's more north than I would prefer, and it requires some updates. But really updates are fun and with this house those updates aren't immediately necessary.I would be able to have a craft room and also there is a great guest room with attached bath. I'm high on the thought of this house all a sudden....

The other thing we've got going on is that we are considering trading in the Mazda 3 for some sort of AWD SUV. Winter's here suck and I don't want to ice skate back and forth to work . We've got Mark's Truck almost paid off so we could move the money from that payment to the new car payment. The 2 cars I've got on my mind are the Toyota Venza and Chevy Traverse. Venza is maybe a little smaller than I would like but the Traverse is about $10000 more than I want to spend. Decisions....Decisions....

No comments: