Thursday, March 24, 2011

Monogrammed Canvas

I've had a 18"x24" canvas hanging around my house for a while.
It was Aqua with some Scrap Book Paper Mod podge to it for a while.
I peeled of as much off the scrap book paper as possible then decided the extra texture it gave was A-OK for me (ie. I got sick of peeling off the stuff)
So I had a wooden H monogram (which is now hanging out on my mantel)
I traced in the middle with a Sharpie and then a Paint Pen.
Then painted it in with Black.
Wow we got a little Splatter paint happy here.
I had Like 5 tubes of different shades of Aqua that I used to cover back up a lot of that black.
To get the scallops I took a cup and ran a piece of tape across the middle then used that tape line to line up the cup on the edge and trace scallops.
I like how I just put the thing down on top of all that crap sitting on the counter and got to work. No clean work space for me. I covered the whole thing with mod podge when I was done. Not sure why but it looked good to me.





Transformation Thursday
HookingupwithHoH







giveaways





Black Kats Design

Catch a Glimpse Button


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Well that is super fun! Now I almost feel inspired to get the paned glass window that I HAD TO HAVE (6 years ago) out of my basement and onto a wall!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Very cute!! Love the scalloped edges! Thanks for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party!