Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I found some more before pics!!

When we bought this house and closed on it and moved in I cried and cried. We had just sold a perfectly nice house in a nice neighborhood to move to a stinky dump in the country. Think serious buyers remorse. It was beyond anything we ever experienced in home renovation for sure. At the old house Mark installed a new ceiling fan and we did a little painting... that was it. At the new house soooo much had to be done:

1. New Furnace
2. New windows
3. New siding
4. ALL carpet ripped out
5. Hardwood floors refinished
6. upstairs recarpeted
7. All rooms painted
8. Both bathrooms gutted with all new fixtures, floors, lighting, etc.
9. Kitchen completely redone, cabinets, appliances, floors, lighting, sink, and on and on
10. pine paneling in recroom sanded and repainted
11. tile laid in recroom.
12. ALL doors interior and exterior replaced
I think your starting to get it..... I thought when I was done putting my blood, sweat and tears into this place I would love it and never want to leave. I'm finding that to not be the case. I want out. It feels like a money pit. If someone buys this place they will be buying a really great place that requires almost nothing but I'm just done.



Anyway I found some before pictures of the dining room... well kind of before. It was after we pulled off the fake wood grain panelling.







Mark filling holes after scraping glue for days.




Did you see the beautiful light fixture?



Now I know you've seen the afters before but they have a little more meaning now having seen the before pics I think...





10 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It looks great! I'm sad that you're not in love with your house though. Every girl has the "right" to be in love with her house.

Rachelle said...

So I found you at ASPTL, read your whole blog. And found out you're from my town! Weird! I bet I've seen you around town! :)

Rachelle

KellyH said...

@Rachelle- Niles, Kzoo, Portage or Plainwell? :)

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I love how your dining room looks. What a difference. I can feel your pain about wondering "what have I gotten myself into". When I read your list of stuff to do, it could have been mine. We bought our home "for a steal" because it needed so much renovating. At the time, I knew that it would cost money but I hadn't thought seriously about how long it would take to do everything. I feel like there is so much to do and that I am constantly balancing wanting to get it all done with actually having a life outside of renovations!!

Brittany said...

huge improvement!!

i host a goodwill party every wednesday, stop by and link up! :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the changes a little hard work (Or a lot of hard work) can make! Looks great.

I host a "Room a month makeover" every Monday (Don't worry, you don't have to complete a room, a small change!) Stop by and link up!
http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/09/room-month-is-back.html

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Oh, it makes me sad that you aren't in love with your house now that you've worked so hard on it. Everything you've done looks wonderful!

Michelle Hughes said...

Oh it looks wonderful!
Smiles!
Michelle

Dawn said...

I can't even begin to imagine scrapping all of that glue off! Our house had 2 entire rooms on wood paneling when we moved in. Your dining rooms looks fabulous now! I love the color!

Mimi Sue said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and saying hello. Your blog is great and your baby is so cute. Good luck with the house selling. It can be a real pain. Mimi