Sunday, February 13, 2011

Silicon Muffin Cups

I used those Silicon Muffin cups (which I bought at World Market) for the first time yesterday.
And THIS recipe from allrecipes.com
I'm a fan.
Of both the recipe and the muffin cups.
I thought I overcooked them but they were darn good. 


The only negative about the cups is washing them afterwards.
But it's not hard to do...

3 comments:

Amy D said...

I keep thinking of buying some silicon cups, but--why? Why are they better or different than a regular pan? Do you know?

Anyway, That recipe looks good, I'll definitely try it. YOU should try this one (use a mini-muffin pan, not a regular-size one). Super yummy.

http://tidymom.net/2010/cinnamon-and-sugar-doughnut-muffins

awesome sauce.

KellyH said...

You are right Amy. You don't need the silicon cups. My sister talked me into getting them. They worked great but I don't think any benefit over greasing a pan. I liked them better than paper liners because they were easier to fill. Paper liners go all crazy on me sometimes and I end up with batter everywhere.

Amy D said...

That's true. The paper liners DO get all wonky and there's always at least one that just turns into a disaster. . . at least for me. I almost ALWAYS make mini-muffins instead of regular ones, so that' might be part of my cupcake-liner problem--they're so damn small!. Bu my mini muffin pan purchase proved to a GREAT decision I use it sooooooo much! It's a great way to make bite-sized snacks for my kids (and their friends).

I always eye the silicon ones at the store ('cause they're soooo darn cute-looking). But I haven't bit the bullet yet. Plus, my kitchen isn't big--at all--so I try to stick to the necessities for now.